Sunday, November 30, 2014

Changing of the Guard

We have had quite the lovely weekend. In regards to my medical state, things seem to be holding steady, which is great! My body is really starting to take a beating from the constant bed rest, though. I woke up this morning in a ridiculous amount of pain due to my tailbone. My doctors and nurses have been trying throughout the day to help me get comfortable since it is unlikely the pain will go away until March. Yay. I've now got a doughnut pillow to sit on (I was way more excited when they first offered me the doughnut, turns out my definition of doughnut and their definition of doughnut is completely different). I've been churning through the hot packs and cold packs like no one's business and I was able to coax the nurses into asking my doctor for a prescription of IcyHot rub (it just arrived! Woot!). To my horror (and maybe more so Noah's), the nurses brought in this giant heart shaped derriere pad.

Please note the horrifying instructions (for reference, the last picture depicts a human backside):

The nurses claim this is for use in case my skin fails (Apparently when your skin "fails" it doesn't just fall off.... seemed like a logical conclusion to me, but the nurses stared at me like I was crazy). Noah and I have, however, filed this particular option under "when Hell freezes over."

Changing topics, Noah's mom arrived on Saturday to take over for my mom who flies out on Monday. I've had a great week (being confined to a bed aside) with my mom and look forward to spending time with my Mother-in-Law. My mom bought me another new outfit (even bedridden pregnant ladies want to look nice, or just wear clothes, every now and then), which her and Noah helped me put on to welcome Noah's mom.

Here I am modeling it while propped up against the wall:
 
 
We had a smattering of other weekend activities, including playing board games, finishing up a hat/booties set for my Mom's friend, and eating take out from Lost Dog Café (quickly becoming a favorite). Noah and his mom also took some time to hit up Babies R Us and a local furniture sale, while my mom and I cruised the online sales.

 
 Noah was goofing around in this picture and wanted to make sure Acorn was warm enough.

 
 
To keep things exciting, Noah and I have started a little bet about when we will be heading home. Please feel free to join us via the new poll I added to the blog (top right).

No comments:

Post a Comment