Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Three Weeks and Fresh Air

Good evening all,

   I'm currently hooked up to the "TOCO" machine monitoring some contractions, so I figured this was as good a time as any to fill you in on today.

   Today started off with a bang and stayed fairly exciting. I was slow to wake up (I think this bed rest thing is really starting to mess with my sleeping schedule), but as soon as I did wake up I was shuttled off to have an ultrasound. It is quite the undertaking to get me to the ultrasound room as it is three floors away. I got to go on a wheelchair ride! The first 15 seconds of the ride were awesome, but then my nonexistent abdominal muscles gave out and I was about ready to lay down ago. The ultrasound was preformed by my high risk doctor and took a while. It appears (thankfully) that Acorn is still on the beefier side (I may come to regret he heftier size later, but right now bigger is better). The doctor seems very happy with his development and has high hopes that my pregnancy will/should continue for a while longer (we talked about aiming for beyond 34 weeks now).

  On the way back upstairs my nurse went rouge and wheeled me OUTSIDE towards FREEDOM and the fresh, crisp, magnificent air. It was glorious! It was probably only 30 seconds outside (and lots of people were staring at my stylin' slippers) but is was amazing. I have literally not been outside for 3 weeks and not out of this particular room for roughly 19 days. Of course, my field trip wore me out and I spent the next few hours sleeping. When I finally woke up, my mom and I mixed things up and ordered some delicious Japanese food :-).

  After lunch I undertook my "office hours" as my mom calls it and proceeded to wrangle with my insurance company. Obviously, a) they don't understand who they are messing with b) they do not understand that I am pregnant and bedridden and, therefore, that much more driven/argumentative/have all the time in the world. They are insisting that I hand deliver my FMLA paperwork before they can process it. Even my case worker, who has been to my room and called me on the hospital phone, told me it must be hand delivered. After a few terse conversations and me explaining how things would proceed, Noah will now be faxing the forms in for me tomorrow :-) Office hours accomplished.

   My mom and I wrapped up the day with arts and crafts time. One of my lovely co-workers dropped off some new thread so I am working on a new pair of booties while my mom churns out the potholders.

   Ok well, I've now been on this stupid monitor for over 3 hours and the frustration level is starting to rise. I would sincerely appreciate the medical professionals making some sort of decision in the near future. To distract myself I will now watch Chopped and pester Noah so he doesn't even consider falling asleep until this machine is turned off and some medicine is doled out.

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment