Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Root beer floats and high risk doctors

Happy Wednesday! Today was a good day; we were much better at warding off the cabin fever. It turns out that Arlington County mails homebound residents books from the library! So glad I noticed the small flyer advertising this service last time I was at the library. Apparently, I am the first antepartum patient to have books delivered, so now the nurses all telling all the other long-term mommies to give it a try.

My dad showed up extra early today (mocha Frappuccino in hand) in anticipation of meeting my new doctor. Surprisingly, 14 hours later the doctor still hasn't shown up. We did, however, have a visit with the high risk doctor. We are still on track to stay in the hospital until at least week 28, then she said we can reassess our game plan. She also said I can possibly take small wheelchair trips around the hospital around week 26. Woot! To top it all off she said I can try sitting up and seeing how that goes. My dad got the rocking chair all positioned and I was able to sit up for 5 minutes before completely wearing myself out! It is amazing how quickly your body changes and loses muscle strength after spending 98% of your time lying down. I can't even imagine what sort of PT I am going to need at the end of this.

Last night was a bit difficult. They cut me off from my Ambien (so cruel!) so I basically just stared at the clock all night. About 1am it sounded like our AC unit (unlike normal, I now like to live in a very cool environment....I recommend sweaters for visitors) was either going to explode or launch into orbit. It was so loud it even roused Noah into action! After much investigating and debate about calling the nurse we determined the noise was actually outside the hospital. Our best guess is either there was some late night construction or the roof of the hospital was caving in....

As I mentioned yesterday, today was craft day. I managed to churn out a new hat:


We rounded out the day with a long awaited root beer float (I emailed Noah pictures of root beer floats today, he must of picked up on my subtle hints) and some onion rings from Johnny Rockets. I am now throwing back the Tums and Pepcid AC, but it is totally worth it.

Hope you all have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Keep churning those hats out girl! Perhaps AFTER Thanksgiving you can attempt some Christmas stockings :)

    Also, see if the hospital has a DVD player - don't forget you can rent movies and music from the library!

    ReplyDelete