Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Call for Names

Good morning!

   Yesterday Noah's mom took over the reigns for keeping me occupied and strapped into my leg cuffs. We had a lovely day with only a few small bumps. Before my mom left for the airport, I was put back onto the TOCO monitor because I woke up from pain in my hips and tightening.... aka contractions. Trying to figure out what is normal pregnancy pain and what is bad pregnancy pain has been something of a challenge since everything is new to me. We have been able to nail down though that cramps in my hips (previously thought to be round ligament pain) is actually a precursor to contractions. Thankfully yesterday's contractions, while consistent, were small enough that I was able to opt out of the Procardia. Just to make sure that my Mother-in-Law didn't get bored, we also threw in a strep throat test for good measure. Thankfully that came back negative. It was quite amusing to see the medical staff try and figure out how to get a strep test ordered. Apparently they don't deal with normal maladies very often on this floor :-)

   We started a new arts and craft project yesterday! Noah's mom brought stamping and card making supplies so we are making thank you cards (we definitely need quite a few after the outpouring of support we have received!). It took us a few hours and I had to take a number of breaks, but I think they are shaping up nicely.

 
 
Noah and I have been receiving frantic texts, emails, and phone calls. Just to clear up any lingering fears, Acorn will have a different name when he greets the world. We have a few top contenders, but are still looking for the perfect name (so much pressure!). Please feel free to leave name suggestions in the comments section!
 
One last thing, just wanted to give my Aunt a "Happy Birthday!" shout out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment