Thursday, November 13, 2014

10 days

Have you ever reached that point in your life when all you ever want to do is shower? I am literally day dreaming about water and washing my hair. We've reached the point where even dry shampoo is no longer cutting it. I mean seriously! I just got that awesome haircut from the Paul Mitchell school (thanks for the wonderful advice my stylin' coworker). Its not that I am forbidden from showering, but today's visit from my new Dr. Gloom (my dad agrees with the assessment) makes any sort of non-horizontal body positioning seem like a reckless risk that could lead to the baby just falling out at any moment. Not exactly an open invitation for personal hygiene.....

On the medical side, I think today was a fairly decent day. Baby boy seems to be moving around quite a bit after a very quiet night. I took one Procardia late this afternoon out of an abundance of caution, but I think what I am experiencing today is mostly just "normal" pregnancy pains and discomfort. I don't know what happened last night (so glad Noah swooped in and posted a blog; I was in no condition to write), but I was basically a drugged, light-headed, limp-bodied, drooling disaster. Very attractive. They checked my blood pressure over and over (I believe my dad and Noah freaked out a bit) but it didn't seem to drop much. Thankfully no such reaction after today's Procardia dose. We really can't afford for me to have negative reactions to the Procardia since the doctors might cut me off and there aren't many other medicines available.

On the non-medical side, my dad and I just lazed around while Noah was kicked out the door at 8am to head to work. My cousin stopped by to chat for a while, which was a very welcome visit for both me and my day (happy birthday, Cuz!). We also determined that the nurses don't understand my dad's sarcasm, which is not surprising to anyone who knows my dad. I took the bold step of reaching out to the knitting non-profit and they are now scheduled to stop by tomorrow afternoon to set me on my way. I'm a little bit nervous since my lasting knitting attempt was a disaster. Thankfully one of my particularly crafty co-workers has already offered to come help me when things inevitably go awry. I'm hoping to tackle some baby booties.

Laying around all day is not easy, especially for little 'ole Type A, super over-achiever me. Thank you all for taking the time to send me texts, emails, and surprises in the mail. We are only at Day 10, but I can already feel the highs and lows that are certain to become frequent visitors. It is great knowing I have the wonderful support of friends and family when the going gets rough.

For your reading pleasure, here is an interesting blog post I found while cruising the internet (no, I will not capitalize the "I" for internet Mr. you-know-who-you-are supervisor. I've decided to take an extended break from that particular work rule ;-):  http://poopsiecollective.com/post/24523249254/the-human-incubator-surviving-bed-rest

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment