Saturday, November 15, 2014

24 Weeks!

Yay! Yesterday was the 24 week mark for our little guy! According to our growing community of doctors and nurses we have now reached the point of viability upon delivery (apparently each doctor has a different opinion, but they all agree with 24)! We had a mini celebration with cupcakes. My dad's cupcake (the lopsided red velvet) didn't make the trip to the hospital so well. There may have been some good-natured ribbing between husband and father-in-law about husband purposely sabotaging the cupcake 😉



Since meeting the 24 week mark, our discussions are starting to focus on what type of survival for little Acorn and the possibility of cerebral palsy. However, every day baking gives our little guy a more positive outlook. I don't know if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but a few days ago our high risk doctor established 28 weeks as our first goal. After 28 weeks we might reassess the possibility of me going home for the remaining bed rest. Unfortunately, every medical professional has immediately shot down my suggestion of me going back to work 😒

We made it through yesterday with no Procardia! (which means there were no contractions... or at least none I noticed). My dad and I also had a visit from my cousin who came bearing fantastic birthday cake, which we attacked. I think my dad was especially happy when the volunteer from the knitting group showed up. According to my dad (I was unable to independently verify so I am not sure about the veracity of this assessment), I was a bit grumpy yesterday. I blame my missing lunch. So while he took a break and roamed the hospital, I re-learned how to knit and picked a lovely green yarn for next week's visit where we will start on a hat and the booties.



I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday. I am now going to wake my sleeping husband as I am ridiculously hungry but I can't reach the phone to order delicious hospital room service. (Since he is still sleeping and he can't protest 😃 here is a picture of where my super amazing Noah has slept for over a week and for at least 4 more). I love him!


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you guys often! Love you both so much!!!

    ReplyDelete