Thank you all for birthday wishes yesterday! Despite my location, it was a very lovely birthday. My cousin hung a birthday banner on my door, which apparently caused a few of my nurses a bit of stress. I guess it is fairly common for new moms to hang "happy birthday" banners to welcome their new babies. My nurses were worried that maybe our little Acorn had come early, but were very happy to find out it was in fact my birthday (I may have selfishly proclaimed I am not interested in sharing my birthday with Acorn).
I had many surprise deliveries of flowers from my dad, sister, brother-in-law and future sister-in-law, Noah's parents, and from my co-workers.
Thank you for adding some much needed "outdoors" and color to my new abode!
My lovely co-workers also brought by some doughnuts and cupcakes (hey, I passed the gestational diabetes test so no judging!)
And, of course, I now have enough balloons to float away.
In honor of my birthday and in anticipation of my visitors, I even got all dressed up in the new hospital gown my mom made me (and I brushed my hair. Woot!).






Tell the nurses I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteThe purple was a great color choice! :) Lookin' good, momma!
ReplyDelete