Noah here. Writing on behalf of wearied Jessica.
Today we changed up the schedule of the last seven days.
Today Jessica's dad, having flown out here last night, spent the day with her. He graciously took time off from work to spend the next week and a half with Jessica so that I can return to work. It was hard for me to spend all day away from her having been constantly by her side since last Tuesday. Any day could change the status quo of the previous day and it is scary not being by her side should something happen. However I have phenomenal support from work and they are more than willing to provide me with the flexibility I would need should anything happen. Jessica and I are both very thankful for our amazing employers and the generosity and support that we have been given by our co-workers. I also want to thank all of you who sent me messages of support today as I transitioned back into the workplace while being away from my hospitalized wife.
As for Jessica, today was another good day. Our high-risk doctor stopped by early this morning to give an update as to where we stand. She provided answers to our numerous questions and is very optimistic about the continuation of the pregnancy. Jessica had not been taking the Procardia as frequently and doesn't show any symptoms of infection. Both of which are very good things. Today she nearly made it 24 hours before taking the Procardia. She was only showing a few contractions but the doctor in charge thought it would be good to take the medicine anyways. Jessica's dad did me a great service by keeping me updated on her status throughout the day. He somehow managed to get her to nap, a task I wasn't always able to convince her of doing.
Speaking of napping, I think she has now thoroughly past out. She must have had an exhausting day today. I think the constant bed rest is starting to take effect. Hopefully cabin fever doesn't set in anytime soon! Keep the messages and encouragement coming, she will need it more the longer she stays in the hospital. (Don't tell her I said this, but if you would like to send something you can send her mail. She would be thrilled to have some mail to read. Just a note saying hi or a story about your day so she can live vicariously through you. Feel free to reach out to me if you need the address to the hospital.)
Well, that is all for today. Hopefully you will be able to have your regular poster awake for something tomorrow. Thank you all for your continued love and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment