Friday, November 21, 2014

How quickly it crashes

Good Morning Folks!

After a routine day yesterday, we had a rather eventful night. Now, normally I like a little bit of excitement, but I am all for "keeping it boring" like the nurses tell me to do everyday. Noah and I were enjoying some wonderful brownies that arrived by mail from one of my lifelong best friends :-) on the couch (sitting up is still a ridiculously challenging task) when things went wrong. The next hour was a flurry of activity and multiple phone calls to multiple doctors. Eventually it boiled down to the theme of my entire stay (and medical history, really): "Well, we have no idea what caused this but you seem okay." Apparently that was enough for them and they encouraged us to just relax and catch some sleep. Yeah right.... They also decided I need to wear the leg blood pump things at night, which means every time I need to get up in the night Noah has to get up and wrangle with all the cords and buttons. He is such a champ!

This probably goes without saying, but last night was a bit of an emotional nightmare. It is ridiculous how quickly your world can come crashing down around you. We had been lulled into a sense of comfort and normalcy and last night reminded us that things can change in an instant.

On the bright side, today is 25 weeks! Here is a very interesting/informative read on the different weeks of prenatal development and what to expect if Acorn is born early:
http://www.peekabooicu.net/2012/02/your-growing-preemie-week-by-week/

2 comments: