Tuesday, November 18, 2014

2 Weeks of my Captivity

I think we can safely say that cabin fever is setting in. I even noticed the nurses stopping by more often to try and engage me in conversation. Noah and my dad are being champs; I can't imagine dealing with a bedridden pregnant lady can be much fun. (My dad may or may not have bribed me with ice cream today to take a nap). I just want to go outside! My dad even asked about rolling my bed up and down the hall, but that was shot down. It was mentioned that I may be able to sit in a recliner for a while in a couple of weeks. Tomorrow has been proclaimed another art day by my dad, so hopefully that will help break up the monotony. Maybe I will be able to convince my dad to make some paper flowers or friendship bracelets ;-)

Perhaps the most aggravating aspect of our stay here for me and Noah is the lack of knowing what is expected of us. I seem to be fairly steady (no gestational diabetes for now!) and my doctor keeps talking about going home at some point, but it is like when? Why? What has changed that I am ok to go home but not ok to sit up in a wheel chair or go outside? Argh it is so difficult to not be physically, outwardly visibly sick, but to still be in an epic battle with my body to keep baby growing. On top of it all, we get a new doctor every week, so tomorrow's doctor may have a completely different take on the situation. Guess we will just have to see what tomorrow holds.

Lastly, just wanted to give a shout out to Noah. A lot of attention has been focused on me, but I know he is also deeply impacted by our current situation. He gets up multiple times throughout the night, leaves the hospital at 8am, goes home and gets ready for work, works all day, returns home to change and pick up random things, and hurries straight back to the hospital every single day. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to suffer through a horrible night in the hospital and then spend all day wondering what is going on at the hospital and missing out on the doctor visits which occur at completely random times. I am of course very worried for Noah and hope that he is eating lunch since I know his dinners and breakfast have fallen by the wayside (I definitely think my mom and Noah's mom will have some cooking assignments when they come to visit!).  I'm hoping to be able to convince him to go out and do something fun (because, seriously, watching those Huskers last week doesn't even come close to fun and/or relaxing) soon so he doesn't also go too stir crazy. Please keep him in your thoughts and pray for his physical and mental well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment