Our little Acorn turned 25 weeks old yesterday! According to most of the research, we are now looking at a 50% survival rate. Our new goal is 26 weeks!
We had a day full of visitors and yummy treats. A group of my co-workers stopped by and came bearing doughnuts and paperwork :-). I always welcome the opportunity to stay current on the going ons at work. It is still very hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I will not be at work for a while. My cousin and her adorable daughters brought us Chick-fil-a for my dad's last lunch here. We colored pictures and decided to call little Acorn "Jingle Bo." One of my best friends rounded out the day will delicious pizza (if you look hard enough you will see the pepperoni spells 25...at least it did before we all started eating it) and lots of fun presents!
Interestingly, as soon as my dad hung the "do not disturb" sign so I could nap, everyone seemed to come busting through the door. Within 5 minutes, we had visits from the nurse, PCA, cleaning crew, a physical therapist, and the volunteer from Project Knitwell. All the visits were most welcome, but it was amusing to me and my dad that the sign seemed to attract people.
Speaking of my dad, I've really enjoyed my last 2 weeks with him here and I am sad to see him go. We don't normally get to spend 2 solid weeks together, so I guess that is one positive aspect to this unexpected turn of events. He has been great about asking questions and demanding more information. He has also tried very hard to keep me upbeat, which is sometimes an uphill battle. I love you, Dad! I even heard some of the nurses telling him they would miss him! He is leaving me in very capable hands, though, and Noah and I are excited to have my mom in town for the week!

No comments:
Post a Comment