While I was awake today, I had a lovely visit from a co-worker. It still is amazing and humbling two weeks into this how many people truly care and are interested in my progress! Thank you all so much! In addition, my dad treated me to a lunch off the hospital menu. I had some fantastic spaghetti from Lost Dog Café and he had a huge sandwich.
Yesterday was an interesting day of doctor's orders. I have been throwing back the prune juice like a champ since I got moved into the antepartum wing. (I will admit that I sometimes "forget" to order it. I've been successful on a few occasions, but both Noah and my dad have noticed and are fully aware that the fridge down the way stocks it 24/7. Joy.) My doctor suggested that I up the ante and add coffee to the mix and possibly spicy Chinese food. Yes, that does seem odd to me too since they tell you to avoid caffeine in pregnancy. Anyways, neither Noah nor myself drink coffee. Ever. Can't stand the smell of it. We had to call in the coffee expert (aka Dad) to find me an acceptable drink. It had to meet my strict requirements of containing coffee but not tasting like coffee. He came back with a mocha frappuccino, which wasn't too bad. I think Acorn was caught by surprise by the sudden influx of caffeine. He proceeded to perform Olympic-worthy gymnastics for most of the day. He seems to be suffering from withdrawals today and is rather sluggish with very little movement. Perhaps linked to the coffee, I had abnormally high glucose readings last night, hence the 6am blood tests this morning. After chugging some super sugary Gatorade this morning and three separate blood draws, we are now waiting to hear about the possibility of gestational diabetes. In a rather cruel joke, exercise is the most effective way to control gestational diabetes, ha. That's not happening. So, please think happy thoughts that we won't be adding diabetes to the list!
For your viewing pleasure, here is my first taste of coffee. Have a good night!


As you both can attest, mocha frappucinos were my gateway drug. Black coffee isn't far off. I can feel it. Love you both!
ReplyDelete