Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weekend Round-Up

Hello!

We've had a busy weekend (not medically busy!!!). My Dad flew out on Saturday and my Mom arrived Friday night. My parents enjoyed a nice Friday night out, while Noah and I opted to stay in (trying to put a positive spin on my captivity....), eat fantastic pizza, and watch funny videos.

Before my dad flew out, my normal doctor stopped by for a visit. (We love this doctor!) She also seems positive that if I hold steady I should soon be laying on my couch instead of in the hospital. We are very nervous for me to go home, but we know it represents a positive turn of events. We are glad for the roughly three weeks we have to prepare mentally and logistically. The nice thing about being in the hospital is that Noah doesn't have to worry about me moving around to find food and if something does go wrong I am already at a place where I will be taken care of. I am sure we will be able to make the scenery change work, though, and I think it will definitely be better for Noah so he can't stop sleeping on the funny flip over couch which is too small for him. The doctor also firmly squashed all hopes of me getting out in a wheelchair. I do believe the exact words were: "If you are good enough to wheel around in a wheelchair you might as well wheel yourself right on home. By the way, you are not well enough to be in a wheelchair." That pretty much ended that discussion :(

Noah and my Mom went on a mission last night to find me some non-hospital food for dinner. This was very nice of them, but more importantly, I had 55 minutes of alone time! My first time being alone in nearly 3 weeks! It was exciting but also extremely nerve-wrecking for everyone involved. It was definitely a somber reminder for how dependent I am on others at the moment, especially due to the blasted leg wrap things which I can't remove or shut off by myself.

Today, Noah and I had a lazy morning. (I don't know who our night nurse threatened but absolutely NO ONE came into our room from 10pm to 8am. It was amazing!) I have completed 1.5 baby booties and should be starting a baby sweater this week.


My mom stopped by around lunch time and we played a rousing game of Settlers of Catan. Unsurprisingly, Noah won.

 
We rounded out the evening with an early birthday party hosted by my cousins. They really went above and beyond with decorations, homemade spaghetti and meatballs, delicious cupcakes, and generally just providing lovely company.



(The husband being silly and "taking a picture with me.")
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is ready to tackle to short work week. I am personally hoping for the 3-6 inches of snow currently being forecasted for Wednesday. My love for all things weather hasn't been diminished while stuck inside; being able to see some sort of exciting winter weather out the window would be a welcome treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment