Hi All!
Thought I would pop in and provide a quick update. Tuesday marked 5 weeks in the hospital. Noah and my sister have slowly been taking car loads of accumulated books, flowers, and other much appreciate well-wishes in the hopes that I will be moving back home on Friday (tomorrow). On Tuesday was were also treated to a very tasty chicken kabob meal provided by a Harvest friend. I am so glad that she was able to stop by and talk for a while!
Noah took the day off on Wednesday to meet with my high-risk doctor to discuss me going home. The doctor was very hopeful and said we are on track to go home as long as "nothing changes, no contractions, no pain, etc." It seems that what my body heard was "challeng accepted!" My sister, Noah, and I had a much wilder ride last night than anticipated. In the afternoon, I started feeling the round ligament pain in my hip again (I am seriously beginning to doubt that the ligament pain actually exists). Neither Tylenol nor icepacks helped the pain which slowly spread into my back.... aka contraction pains. In an interesting twist, my contractions chose yesterday to become fairly rhythmic, never a good sign. I knew things were heading downhill when I was given Procardia without even asking. They also started eyeing my arms for good IV veins. The Procardia took much longer to work than usual and combined with some other alarming symptoms, I earned myself a trip to Labor and Delivery. Definitely not where I wanted to be (a - I'm not sure L&D qualifies as "nothing changing" and b- our dinner had just arrived). As if being transferred to L&D wasn't stressful enough, we were told that our room we've been in for 5 weeks might be reassigned. They encouraged my little sister to clear out the room, which we promptly ignored. Heck no am I giving up my room. I informed the nurses this was a roundtrip ticket and that I would be back. Once in L&D, I was hooked up to the monitors again while they contemplated giving me the Turbutaline (sp?) shot to try and stop the contractions (which were at that point every 8-10 minutes). After much debate and different diagnoses, the head OB/GYN decided, while I was continuing to have small contractions, things were looking better and could be moved back to the Mother and Baby wing. Yay!
So, Noah went off to work full of anxiety and Jayme and I are anxiously waiting to meet with the doctor this morning. Hopefully we will get some explanations and plan of action.
To end on a high note, apparently I am keeping the room too cool for non-preggers:

Not only do Noah and Jayme have blankets over them, but does Jayme also have on an ear band?
ReplyDelete