Thursday, December 18, 2014

Short Status Update

Good Evening All!

    You may have noticed that my blog entries have been getting shorter and shorter, I consider that a good thing because it means things are staying calm. Woot! Things really have been going well since we moved home (ignoring last Sunday....). We had a great doctor appointment yesterday. Although, they did try to convince me that I was a day early for my appointment. Ha! Obviously they are not aware of my extreme scheduling habits. I simply pulled out my trusty planner and we got that misconception ironed out in no time ;-) My doctor said things are looking great (great in this setting means labor is not believed to be imminent but that I am still high risk and definitely not on the "normal" scale). To our delight, she even told us that beginning at week 34 I will be able to move around more independently; at 36 weeks I can even take short walks! So excited!!!!

    I think being at home has been especially good for Noah. I know it must be more relaxing to be able to sleep in a real bed and to have all creature comforts right at hand. Unfortunately we have been woefully unsuccessful in decorating our apartment. Our hospital room was completely decked out; maybe this weekend the Christmas bug will hit us.

   It has been great having my Grandmother in town. She has very determinedly cooked us a lot of food and is attacking household chores with a vengeance. I am trying to encourage her to just relax and enjoy her "vacation," but that is being met with 0% success. We've both been keeping our hands busy with various knitting projects; I will try and get a picture to post tomorrow.

   Today was an especially good day because one of my best friends stopped by to say hi. I've been waiting for her visit all week. We ended up talking a whole one and a half hours! It was great to just catch up on everything. I pretty much passed out right after she left, though. I am still learning and testing my limits as I recover from being in the hospital. To top off today, we've had a sudden surplus of food and enjoyed a fantastic dinner of chili from our church family, magnificent mac and cheese from my friend's now-dead refrigerator (most unfortunate for her and her husband, but a definite win for our freezer), and lovely black and white cookies that my Grandmother taught me to microwave for extra gooeyiness. I probably need some ice-cream to wrap up my smorgasbord dinner.

Hope you are all getting ready for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment