Monday, December 8, 2014

A Surprise Visit

We have had a busy two days! Medically speaking, I am doing great and feel pretty normal except that my entire body aches from laying in a bed for close to five weeks. The doctors all appear to be on-board for me checking out on Friday. Unfortunately, I have not been cleared for work and will not be cleared for work (this has been emphatically stated by every person I've asked). I am just trying to focus on Friday right now because if I stop and consider that I will still have another 12 weeks on bed rest at home, I might curl in a small ball (which is difficult when I am roughly the size of a baby orca now) and refuse to move. In what I assume was supposed to be an uplifting comment, the doctor today said "you have really surprised us. We expected you to deliver weeks ago!" I think Noah and I are still just getting bits and pieces of how dire our situation was and how serious it continues to be. It is taking all my willpower at the moment to not bounce out of bed and start leading my normal life. I hope that willpower lasts once we get home.

Yesterday, I was treated to a surprise visit from my Uncle, Aunt, and three cousins. It took me a few moments to fully comprehend who was walking through my hospital door; I definitely wasn't expecting them to drive all the way down here just for me!! It was great to be able to just sit and chat for a few hours. I can't wait for Acorn to come (actually, I can) and meet his cousins. I think we will have a lot of fun this summer at my Grandpa's house. I am already looking up baby lifejackets; its never too early to get out on the water! Unfortunately, we were enjoying the visit so much we didn't think to take a picture, so please imagine a smiling family photo: here.

Although I was tired after the visit, I think my little sister was more tired than me. Her first full day on the job and she was already to the point of exhaustion ;-)

Today we tackled a whole host of activities. We attempted to complete a metal-working project my Aunt sent me, but it is apparently going to be a two day project. After an hour we did manage to get the bottom of the Capitol all put together. We definitely tag-teamed it, though, with me popping and folding things and my sister playing with the tools and working on the fine details.



Because I couldn't sleep last night, Noah instructed my little sister to ensure that I take at least three naps. I was not on board with this game plan, so I instead amused myself with a sharpie marker and balloon - the only two things in my reach. I would like to introduce you all to my new friend, Blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment