Yesterday was the 4 week mark for our lovely stay at the hospital. We apparently win the award for best decorated hospital room. Without fail at every shift change the new nurse and PCA comment on the décor and flowers in our room. I don't know what the other antepartum moms are doing, but I am so glad I have had many family and friends to help me liven up my space. The other moms are still relatively new, so maybe they will get the decorating bug as their stay wears on. Although we don't get to socialize, the ante-moms (yeah, I'm making that a thing) tend to pass around magazines and such (via the nurses). Maybe I will share the holiday joy and share my decorations with them when I get to go home!
Noah and I rounded out the evening with a lovely visit with one of our friends from our young adult group. She brought an amazing meal of phenomenal shrimp spaghetti, delicious green beans, an impressive chocolate cheesecake, and garlicky bread. It was so great to have some company and talk about the random things we've been missing since checking in. I can't wait til we can go back to our young adult group with a healthy baby boy in tow!
Today, just to make sure my Mother-in-Law didn't fly all the way out here just to watch me sleep (although I do appreciate it), I ended up on the monitor for contractions and took a couple Procardia. I think the contractions are okay for the moment, but I admit I am a bit nervous. It doesn't help that my high-risk doctor walked in right as the pain started and saw me curled up and grimacing in discomfort. Recently this particular doctor has been very positive, but today her take away was "I'm worried about you." She also casually mentioned that the Procardia would possibly relieve my discomfort, but would not stop the contractions if true labor is starting. Excellent. Just what I wanted to hear.
I am holding out hope that we are not on the verge of labor (although, I think technically we've been on that edge for 4 weeks...) but that I am just suffering from a stomach bug. I've been fighting something for the last few days (hello again first trimester wonderfulness. No, I did not miss you), but I've discovered that the cafeteria will make me plain noodles if I ask nicely.
I'm worn out from the day's activities so I am going to call it a night. Prayers that Acorn stays put for a while longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment