Monday, January 5, 2015

A Weekend Full of Friends

I believe most everyone is heading back to work this week, so I thought I would get back to "work" too and update the blog a bit.

In case you've lost track, today we are at 31 weeks and 3 days. I've been reading up on preemies born at 31 weeks and it seems that most babies are able to go home within 4-6 weeks. That would be very different from the months in the NICU we were originally facing. Woot! Of course, we are still trying our darnedest to keep him cooking until 38-40 weeks. This little fella is not making it easy though. Not a large person to begin with, he has fully monopolized all available space I had to offer. Even as he is beating me up from inside, I try and remember it is a blessing that he is still actively growing in there. I think feeling his hiccups and what I like to call "shake-imitis" (it is like he gets shivers or overly excited and just starts spazzing out and shaking all over) are the weirdest sensations. We are excited for our 32 week check up and to see what bed rest restrictions might start to be lifted!

Noah has mentioned casually on multiple occasions that perhaps I am going into "nesting" mode. I am not sure I know what he is talking about ;-) I mean, I have only completely reorganized all our bathroom supplies (which is a challenge when laying on a couch. Noah has clearly been aiding my nesting efforts), found a local charity to donate my extensive hotel toiletries collection to, and I am now mentally clearing out our overfilled bookshelves. Once I am able to leave the house, the library donation spot will be one of our first stops! I don't think I am nesting as much as clearing out the clutter. Being stuck in a 900 sq ft condo for weeks on end makes you realize how much stuff you have and how much more space you could have if you simply got rid of it. I'm pretty sure if this bed rest continues for too much longer our apartment will literally have nothing left as I will have donated it while the Hubby is away at work...hehehehe...

We had a very exciting weekend with lots of visitors. One of our couple friends came over for a movie and pizza night on Friday. We watched The Giver, which was interesting, but I think the book probably had more details (too bad I read it in fourth grade and only have the faintest recollections). We can't wait for one of our friends in this particular couple to wrap up his CPA exams so we make movie nights a more regular fixture in our schedule. Only one more test! You can do it! On Saturday my friend and former roommate stopped by for a visit (and brought some amazing lasagna and cake). Noah enjoyed some computer game time while we talked shopped and relived some of our "best" worst roommate stories. We rounded out the weekend with a visit from our other couple friends on Sunday. We played a very interesting and surprisingly challenging game they received as a white elephant gift - "The Crazy Cat Lady Game." The game itself was actually entertaining until we realized it never ended...no worries though we just made up our own rules and not surprisingly, Noah won. We are looking forward to teaching them Settlers of Catan, Quelf, Killer Bunnies, and Shadows Over Camelot, among others. Of course, we also welcome other folks who like to play games to join us!

I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment