We have reached 33 weeks; can you believe it?! The little guy is very much alive and kicking. I am convinced he never actually sleeps - I know I certainly never do now. He is starting to discover my rib cage which is less than pleasant. The last few days I've been feeling especially tired and possibly having contractions off and on, so the game plan is to do absolutely nothing but lay around today and to avoid any sort of hospital visit this visit. Go Team Go!
I may or may not have had a minor freak out last weekend that we didn't have enough clothes for the baby, so my caring husband made a surprise run to Target and picked up a variety of outfits for newborns and 0-3 months. I think he was quite proud of his selections and thoroughly enjoyed picking through "tiny people" clothes. He even focused his searching on the clearance racks - woot! The clothes he picked are in the top row of the below picture.
This is our entire wardrobe:
I've also been a knitting fool recently. I've made scarves, hats, booties, and started a blanket. It seems that the blanket is going to have to wait until after baby comes because it requires me to sit on the floor and bend of the waist to sew the seams.... neither of which is possible anymore. As an aside, I seem to becoming increasingly more clumsy as the pregnancy advances. Poor Noah is always running after my knitting needles, rolling balls of yarn, and anything else in my immediate vicinity which can be dropped.
The growing booties collection:
Lastly, but certainly not least, I've started to try and pack our hospital bags. I'm tackling the baby bag first as Noah assures me he can pack out bag in 30 seconds or less. Thus far I've gather 2 newborn outfits, 2 0-3 month outfits (just incase he is still a bit large ;-), 2 pairs of socks, the green and blue booties from above, nail clippers, a nail filer, and a baby brush just in case severe heartburn really is an indication of a hairy baby.... This is definitely a work in progress, so please feel free to pass along tips for the baby bag!
I hope everyone is excited and ready for their 3-day weekend!
Jessica


No comments:
Post a Comment