Happy Monday! I hope most of you have the day off. Noah and I are enjoying a nice day at home (like we would be anywhere else....), so I thought I'd provide a weekend update.
Baby Acorn is proving to be quite the kicker. I've read in all the mommy-to-be books that babies should be running out of room to move around as much by 33 weeks; this is all lies. He is forcefully creating room and has no qualms whatsoever about kicking, prodding, or (my particular favorite) dragging his knees in unison across my stomach. Of course, I could be a bit sensitive at the moment as I seem to be losing an unfortunate battle with some sort of bug/cold/flu/plague-from-you-know-where. Isn't it enough to be pregnant and locked at home (are the walls moving closer or is that just me?); why do we need to return to the glories of the first trimester? Why?!?!
Thankfully, I've had a few welcome distractions. Noah and I received a lovely gift from two individuals who are very important to us and have become lifelong mentors and friends. I was/still am ecstatic to receive all sorts of HC swag for Baby Acorn. He is a little Bronco in the making!
I've also decided, after much time on Pintrest, that Noah and I simply do not try enough new foods and recipes. For the last two years or so our diet has mainly consisted of pasta, chicken, and potatoes. So, for 2015, I've decided we will try one new recipe a week. It doesn't have to be fancy and it doesn't have to be the main course. Since I can't stand for long periods, I've focused on crock pot and bread machine recipes. Thus far, I've made us pizza dough, Hawaiian pork and pineapples, and last night we tackled bread machine cinnamon rolls. I think they turned out fantastic! Noah was vital to the success of the recipes as it did require a fair amounts of rolling pin action and cutting. Together (me largely directing) we made two pans - one for ourselves and one for my cousin who is recovering from an ankle injury. Here are the before and after photos:
More than happy to share the recipes!



No comments:
Post a Comment