Monday, February 16, 2015

Full Term, People!

Can you believe it?! We have reached full term (aka 37 weeks)! Noah and I feel so blessed to have reached this point. Kinda funny to think back to the beginning, we never thought we would have a problem reaching 37 weeks, just assumed it was a given. It is still mind-boggling to me how quickly your life can change and how plans can shatter in an instant. Noah and I know we would not have made it this far without all your wonderful support, love, friendship, and prayers. Thank you!

We've been fairly busy the last few days, especially as the mindset has shifted from "keep him in" to "please, let him be here already." :-) I spent multiple hours cleaning and sanitizing bottles and pacifiers. It may just be me, but doesn't it seem wrong to place all these plastic items in a pot of boiling water? Just saying.... with all the news about how bad it is to microwave plastic, I can't imagine boiling it is much better. It occurred to me this morning (because, seriously, who sleeps in their third trimester?) by the time Baby E uses these bottles he probably won't even need the tiny 4 oz bottles I cleaned...... oh well. I guess better to be prepared.



In anticipation of the extremely cold weather which hit the region late Saturday night, Noah and I attempted to squeeze in a number of activities during Saturday day. My lovely husband even took me into DC so I wouldn't miss the annual Orchid Fair hosted by the Smithsonian. For reasons unknown, they decided to host the Orchid Fair at the Natural History Museum instead of the Botanic Gardens. I think Noah and I both agree it wasn't the best fair we've attended :-( It was nice, however, that we were able to snag a wheelchair and Noah graciously pushed me through a few other exhibits. I definitely recommend the two temporary nature and wildlife photo exhibits; they were amazing! http://www.mnh.si.edu/exhibits/natures-best-2013/photographs.cfm

Noah finished Saturday with a monumental undertaking - his first fondant iced cake! It was quite the adventure and turned out very nicely. I especially appreciated the strawberry and coolwhip filling. Yum! It was a team effort, but I think I was more of a hindrance than a help (as evidenced by the layer of wax paper I somehow left between the buttercream frosting and the fondant).


 
 
Sunday was tacos and card games with my cousins; an excellent evening. We always enjoy sharing a meal and playing a rousing game of Hand and Foot. I think we might have even won last night! Woot woot!
 
I've been asked by quite a few people if I am returning to work. That is the plan starting tomorrow! (Of course, I am hoping that the forecasted snow storm materializes and I get a snow day for my first day back). I am very excited to get back to work, but also very very nervous. It is mildly terrifying to jump back into work after over three months off. Going into the pregnancy I knew I would  be facing a whole host of emotions when I returned to work after maternity leave, but I wasn't (and I am still not) quite sure what to do with all the emotions of returning after bed rest. My work has gone above and beyond and I will be working a modified scheduled at a location close to Noah's job. Please think positive thoughts tomorrow as I attempt to return to normal (at least for a few weeks). I hope I am able to provide value to my unit for the next few weeks and able to plan for post-baby's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment