Well hello there folks! It has been a while. We have notched off both 34 weeks and 35 weeks. We are now headed towards the big 3-6. It looks like we are nearly out of the preemies zone!
Medical updates first: I am still on bed rest, but the rules have been relaxed a bit. I am now allowed to go on short "supervised excursions." My first trip to the grocery store was like the heavens had opened and choruses of angels were singing! I saw people! I waddled down aisles! I got ridiculously tired and held onto the shopping cart for dear life while Noah attempted to efficiently steer us around the store. I am most unfortunately not allowed to drive (did you know pregnant women cause an amazing number of car accidents), which is fine by me as I don't want to be cruising down the GW and go into labor (given my luck in life, this is exactly what would happen). My doctor is open to the idea of me working a modified schedule after I reach 37 weeks, so please keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to work something out with my employer.
Since I am currently unable to work, I am tackling free online classes with a vengeance. Today I started a class on post-harvest crop lost and food security. I signed up for it in the hospital, but had to wait over two months for it to start. Needless to say, I am stoked! Did you know 70% of the world's fresh water supply goes to agriculture? Subsequently, it is estimated 35% of all crops are lost between harvest and consumption -- that is a double whammy of food and water loss. I'm also brushing off my microeconomic skills (I've developed a weird love for economics, don't tell my Undergrad teachers) and a random class on epidemiology (hey, why not).
For one of our short supervised excursions, Noah and I went and toured Merritt Academy as a potential childcare spot for Baby E. We really liked the Academy and particularly appreciated that it offered services for kids from 6 months to 6 grade. I was particularly impressed by the 3-4 outside times scheduled each day. It is really important to me that Baby E is not kept inside all day (maybe I've been reading too much about Finnish parenting and how they put their children outside to nap even in the cold). Overall we were very impressed and put our name on the waiting list. Yeah! Our first concrete step to tackling the childcare issue.
We've had a lot of family in town the last two weekends. My Grandmother, Aunt, and cousins were in town two weekends ago to celebrate the baptism of my cousin's youngest daughter. It was great to see everyone even though we could only pop by. My Grandmother left us with a tub of delectable fudge which I was most disheartened to find largely eaten only a few days later. I think a sneaky husband has been snacking on the sweets after I go to bed.
This weekend my parents flew in for a short visit. It was fast but very much enjoyable and appreciated. My mom took me out for pedicures since I am no longer able to reach my toes. The ladies at the nail salon were fantastic and helped me lean the chair as far back as possible. As inviting as the massage chair was, I pretty much scared myself out of it as I don't think being jostled around is in line with my bed rest plan. While my mom and I tackled the toes, Noah and my dad roamed the mall and picked up a new outfit for Baby E. The weekend ended with us all enjoying a reprise of my breadmaker cinnamon roll recipe. The visit was fantastic, but judging by my narcoleptic behavior today, I predict I need a few more days to recover.
Lastly, here is an updated picture of our newly finished nursery!

No comments:
Post a Comment