Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chinese Food and Baby Bumps

Good Evening All!

      Noah and I are SOO close to full-term we almost can't even believe it. Only 3 more days! I am definitely ready for Baby E to get in the delivery mindset after Friday. Pretty sure my prayers are going to quickly change from keep him baking to get out as quickly as possible.

   We went to the doctor's earlier this week. Yes, totally awesome when the first thing your doctor says is "Wow! You are so big!" Uhhhh....thanks?! Of course, this is only topped by your lovely husband replying "well you are in the beached whale season" when you are complaining (once again) that you are ginormous. Medically speaking, everything is going great. I no longer sleep, my hips and pelvic bones now dislocate at the slightest movement, and my sciatica nerve is trying to kill me, so right on track. We were happy to find out Baby E is head down (woot! Remember when he was breech?) and weighs around 6 pounds. Come Friday, I am allowed to start introducing gentle yoga and easy walks back into my life! Yay!

    As I mentioned in an earlier post, my goal this year is to try cooking one new recipe a week. So far this has been going swimmingly. Tonight I decided to surprise Noah was a new dinner and fancy china set-up. Granted, it took me a few hours to accomplish what was supposed to take thirty minutes (Apparently I am fairly narcoleptic these days), but it came together nicely. I made Honey-Sriracha chicken with rice and edamame (recipe found here: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/12/honey-sriracha-chicken.html). The recipe claimed to be a healthier version of Chinese take-out. Ironic because neither Noah nor I like Chinese food. More ironic because our very first date was at a Chinese restaurant.

The finished product:


Me and my apron:


What the apron was hiding:



No comments:

Post a Comment